Following is key information Flathead County residents need to VOTE in the upcoming MAIL-OUT BALLOT election:
In order to be able to vote in Montana, you must:
- Be 18 years old or older on or before the next election (Nov. 3, 2020)
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Have lived in Montana for at least 30 days
Check If You Are Registered Already
- Click this link to check your status: My Voter Page.
- Enter your information (first name, last name, date of birth). Your voter status should say, “You are registered to vote!”
- If your voting status says “inactive”, you need to submit a registration form to vote. Go to the next section.
If You Need to Register
- Click this link to begin the process: Flathead County Voter Information Page
- You can get the application there for registering to vote. Applications are also available at many government offices.
- The address for mailing in or dropping off your application is there. Just follow the instructions. If mailing, please give plenty of time.
- Applications must be received by noon the day before the election, Nov. 2, 2020. If you drop off the application, you will be able to pick up the mail-in ballot at the same time.
- Mail-in ballots for federal/state elections are mailed to eligible voters 25 days before election day (Oct. 9, 2020).
- Ballots must be received at the election office by 8:00 p.m. on Election Day, Nov. 3, 2020.
To check your ballot status after submitting, go to My Voter Page.
Please note you do NOT need to be registered to vote "Absentee" to vote by mail. That information sent by the Post Office was incorrect.
Ballots will be mailed October 9th*
Our democracy is the strongest when everyone participates. Studies show that you can triple the impact of your vote JUST by reminding three friends to vote.
Show Up. Speak Out. VOTE
*Note: Flathead County will still mail ballots to voters who register after Oct. 9th. But getting your registration and ballots in early is highly recommended.