How To Vote
Your Voice - Your Vote
Following is key information Flathead County residents need to VOTE in the upcoming MAIL-OUT BALLOT election:
In order to be able to vote in Montana, you must:
- Be 18 years old or older on or before the next election (Nov. 3, 2020)
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Have lived in Montana for at least 30 days
Check If You Are Registered Already
- Click this link to check your status: My Voter Page.
- Enter your information (first name, last name, date of birth). Your voter status should say, “You are registered to vote!”
- If your voting status says “inactive”, you need to submit a registration form to vote. Go to the next section.
If You Need to Register - Late Voter Registration and Voting
- Click this link to begin the process: Flathead County Voter Information Page
- You can get the application there for registering to vote. Applications are also available at many government offices.
- At this late date, you need to drop off your voter registration form at Flathead County Election Office, 40 11th St. W, 2nd Floor Conference Room. Elevator is available. Directions here.
- When you drop off the application, you will be able to pick up the mail-in ballot at the same time. You can optionally vote on the spot.
- Hours: Nov. 2, 8am - 12pm; Nov. 3, 7am - 8pm.
- Ballots must be received at the election office by 8:00 p.m. on Election Day, Nov. 3, 2020.
- When your ballot is voted and completed, be sure to sign the affirmation on the envelope before dropping it off.
- Important: The person to whom the ballot was issued must be the same one who signs the affirmation on the return envelope. The signature will be matched with the signature that is on your original voter registration form. The bar code on the envelope will also match the bar code identification that is with your legal voter registration.
Drop Boxes - It's too late to mail in your ballot. Drop at these locations 8am - 5pm Nov. 2, 7am - 8pm Nov. 3:
- Whitefish - City Hall Lobby - 418 E. Second St., directions here.
- Columbia Falls - City Hall Lobby - 130 6th St. West, directions here.
- Flathead County Election Office - 40 11th St. W, 2nd Floor Conference Room, directions here.
Election Day Drop Boxes - Optional Way to Vote on Election Day - 7am - 8pm
- On Election Day only, in addition to the locations listed above, there will be five more drop boxes locations:
- Drive through drop off - Election Department alley behind the building, 40 11TH St. W., directions here.
- Drive through drop off - Flathead County Fairgrounds parking lot, 265 N Meridian Rd., Kalispell, directions here.
- Bigfork Library - Bethany Lutheran Church Ark, 8559 MT 35, Big Fork, directions here.
- Smith Valley Fire Hall, 3496 US Hwy 2 W, Kalispell, directions here.
- Lakeside QRU, 201 Bills Rd., Lakeside, directions here.
Flathead County Election Office phone: 406-758-5535
For questions about how to vote, call or text the Voter Assistance Hotline at 406-272-4046.
To check your ballot status after submitting, go to My Voter Page.
Make sure you sign your ballot and envelope!
Our democracy is the strongest when everyone participates. Studies show that you can triple the impact of your vote JUST by reminding three friends to vote.
Show Up. Speak Out. VOTE